Monday, February 24, 2014

A New Year, New Possibilities and New Troubles



            This is the first real post for the 2014-year.  The previous ones were ones I started in 2013 but only recently completed them.  I am still trying to post these in order sadly editing a post is taking longer than I originally predicted.  I still have to get into the habit of writing these posts more often so I can continue to conical my journey into a more creative live.  Writing these blog is but one part of how I plan to become more creative with my lives.  I hope it also helps me display my progression in the arts and my own journey in the creative life style. 

            It’s two months into a new years and a new year of possibilities but it is also a year of new unknowns.  I have no way of predicting what will happen this year or what will happen in a few weeks.  It has been hard to stay positive over the last few weeks with starting a new job and continue classes.  I keep trying to figure out this new direction I want to take with my life and how to begin it.  Over the past year I have felt lost and directionless with my own life.  Somewhere I lost my path and haven’t figured out a way back yet.  I still lost even now. 

            I took a job that I thought would leave to some stability to my life only to be laid off in before completing my second month.  Now I find myself in the same position as I found myself last year only for the job market to dive on me.  Luckily for me I have schoolwork to focus on and good friends to help keep my mind off my troubles.  Now I am reflecting on my life and what I want to do with it.  Do I want to return to my original field of work or change careers and start all over again?  It is a great deal to think about.

             What I have been occupying my time has been working on processing two of my photography projects.  Strangely simply processing these photos have given me great pleasure.  I’ve received some positive feedback when I posted them to Deviant Art and even received some invitation to some photography group on Deviant Art.  I hope joining these extra photography groups will inspire me to create even more awe inspiring photos.   I have explored the idea of taking my photography to a more professional level but know that I need to improve my skills more.  Soon I am deciding future photography projects to improve my skills.  Luckily I have a friend willing to model and know a local stand-up comedian willing to allow me to shoot his shows.  I still have to find other events and other people to shoot to improve my skills.  I also plan to set up a tabletop studio here at home to improve my macro photography and I hope begin some stock photography. 

            While keeping my self-occupied while searching for new employment I plan to improve some of my skills.  My trade was originally as a drafter so I want to learn extra drafting program as well as further my knowledge in the ones I have used before.  I have bought extra “Mastering” book to learn the programs.  I also have gain access to online tutorials provided from the developer of one of the drafting programs I wish to learn.  With the combination of the books and the online tutorials I hope to master various drafter programs.  Mastering all these programs will I hope improve my job search.  I may try designing some of my own designs so I can post them on my professional page and Deviant Art. 

            Other skills I wish to learn is 3D modeling as well as mastering the entire Adobe Creative Suit.  I’ve had these programs for years and only scratched the surface of only a few of them.  I have the books and I believe it is time to explore what they can do and what my creativity can produce.  Also some companies wish their potential employees to know these programs and so it may also help with the job search.  I need to find ways of explore different forms of creativity and different art forms.  May be I should use my spare time to study different art as well as completing my assignments. 

            Other projects I want to undertake is producing a YouTube series about reviewing Canadian media and start work on a Podcast about Defining Geekdom with some friends.  I don’t know if they will come to realization but it is something to strive for.  I need to keep moving forward and examining different paths that I did not consider before.  This is a new year and if I am to find new possibilities I have to be open to new experience and go beyond my own comfort zone. 

            Here is to a new year, I hope new opportunities and I hope rediscovering the path I lost in the previous years.

No comments:

Post a Comment